DID YOU KNOW?
• When Nabi Sallallaahu Alayhi wa Sallam performed Tarawīh Salāh with the Sahābah Radhiyallāhu anhum, Umar Radhiyallāhu anhu was present.
• After personally witnessing the Tarawīh of Nabi Sallallaahu Alayhi wa Sallam, Umar Radhiyallāhu anhu established 20 Raka’āt of Tarawīh in the Masjid in the presence of MANY very senior Sahābah Radhiyallāhu anhum without any objection on their part.
• Rasūlullah Sallallaahu Alayhi wa Sallam said “Adhere to my Sunnah and the Sunnah (practice) of the Rightly Guided Khulafā. Hold on to it with your molars”. (i.e. hold firmly onto it).
• Umar Radhiyallāhu anhu is one of the rightly guided Khulafā.
• The Ahādīth of 8 Raka’āt refer specifically to the amount of Raka’āt that Rasūlullah Sallallaahu Alayhi wa Sallam would perform for Tahajjud Salāh. The Sahābah, including Sayyidah Aaisha Radhiyallāhu anha, did not consider 20 Raka’āt of Tarawīh as conflicting with the 8 Raka’āt Tahajjud in any way.
• The performance of 20 Raka’āt of Tarawīh Salah is an undisputed point of consensus in the Ummah from the time of the Sahābah Radhiyallāhu anhum.
• 20 Raka’āt is the correct, established amount of Tarawīh without any difference of opinion amongst the Sahābah Radhiyallāhu anhum.
For further details, download and read the Ebook: