- Rasulullah Sallallāhu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam said:
“Whoever sees evil being committed, let him prevent it using his hands. If he cannot do so, let him prevent it by using his tongue. If not, let him at least attempt to change it by thinking bad of it in his heart. And this is the weakest form of Īmān.” (Muslim, 49)
Individually and collectively, the Ummah must fight against the normalization of this sin. To use whatever means possible to prevent the advancement of this scourge. If we do not, we may soon face a time where WE will be considered abnormal.
- We need to be punctual on Salāh, and we need to make an effort to get the entire Ummah onto 5 times Salāh. Salāh has the effect of saving one from obscene acts: “Verily, Salāh prevents from obscene and evil actions.” (Al-‘Ankabūt,45)
- We should not bring any such item that promotes this hideous culture into our homes. Merely bringing these items into our homes or clothing our kids with them creates darkness. Express our disgust and disapproval by having nothing to do with this culture. The introduction of “gender-neutral” toilets in public areas, will create a gender crisis in the next generation. Keep our children away from institutes that only offer this option.
- Make an all-out effort to protect ourselves from following our Nafs (desires). The Nafs can never be satiated in this world. Once a person gives in to his Nafs, it slowly draws him further into sin. A haraam glance at a female is a doorway towards adultery. If this continues unchecked, the Nafs leads one further into immorality. This in turn may lead to same-sex attraction. Like a drug addict always looking for a new “high”, the nafs will not be content with a mere glance. Watching a pornographic scene may just be the gateway towards this vile deed. Allāmah Busairi Rahimahullah describes the Nafs as follows: “The nafs is like a child. If you give it respite, it will grow into adulthood with the habit of suckling and if you restrain it timeously, it will be restrained.” (Qasīdah Burdah)
- Together with a good Tarbiyyah, parents should ensure that they become personally involved in their children’s lives and education. Gone are the days where a parent could hand his children over to the schools and the Maktab and not feel the need to get involved. Times are such that a parent has to monitor his child’s access to the internet and technology, his education and his company. This way, the parent will be aware of any wrong exposure that may affect their innocent child. A little exposure, not countered effectively, may negatively impact their nature. Therefore, no sign of influence should be ignored, no matter how innocent and small it may seem.
- Recite the Duā of Lūt ‘Alayhis Salām in abundance:
رَبِّ نَجِّنِىْ وَأَهْلِىْ مِمَّا يَعْمَلُوْنَ
Rabbi Najjini wa Ahli mimma ya’maloon
Oh Allāh, protect me and my family from the action of these people, i.e., homosexuality. (Ash-Shu’araa, 169)
- Daily recite these Duaas to protect our Īmān:
رَبَّنَا لَا تُزِغْ قُلُوْبَنَا بَعْدَ إِذْ هَدَيْتَنَا وَهَبْ لَنَا مِن لَّدُنْكَ رَحْمَةً ۚ إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ اٱلْوَهَّابُ
“O Allāh! Let not our hearts deviate (from the truth) after You have guided us. And grant us Mercy from your own. Indeed You – and only You are the Bestower.
يَا مُقَلِّبَ الْقُلُوْبِ ثَبِّتْ قَلْبِيْ عَلَى دِيْنِكَ
“O You Who changes the hearts, make my heart firm upon Your religion.”
اللّهُمَّ أَرِنَا الْحَقَّ حَقًّا وَارْزُقْنَا اتِّبَاعَهُ، وَأَرِنَا البَاطِلَ بَاطِلاً وَارْزُقْنَا اجْتِنَابَهُ
“O Allah! Enable us to see the Truth as Truth and grant us the ability to follow it. And show us falsehood as false and grant us the ability to refrain from it”
- May Allāh Ta’āla protect us, our progenies and the entire Ummah from this and all fitnahs.
For those who may be attracted to or have already succumbed to the sin of homosexuality, we have reproduced, on our website, an excellent article of Moulana Yunus Patel Rahimahullah, that if followed will in-sha-Allāh serve to extricate him from it. Visit https://wifaq.org.za/?p=19009, to read the aforementioned letter.