Sayyidah Maymūnah bint Sa’d radhiyallāhu ‘anhā says: “I said: “O Nabī of Allāh, inform us regarding Al-Bayt al-Muqaddas (Al-Masjid Al-Aqsā)!” Nabi sallāllahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said: “Go and perform Salāh there!”….”if you are unable to visit it and perform Salāh there, then (at least) send some oil to be used in its lamps”.” [Abū Dāwūd, 457]
The heart of every believer bleeds at the atrocities being meted out to our brothers and sisters in Palestine.
Al-Masjid Al-Aqsā has been repeatedly desecrated by the Jewish forces. Have we, as an Ummah, lost our self-honour and integrity? The men, women and children of Palestine are beaten and tortured whilst we enjoy our lives without the slightest concern for them!
Based in the blessed lands of Shām, Al-Masjid Al-Aqsā is the third most virtuous Masjid after the Haramain of Makkah Mukarramah and Madinah Munawwarah.
Nabī Sallāllahu ‘Alayhi Wa Sallam explained that Al-Masjid Al-Aqsā was the second Masjid ever built on the surface of the earth. [Muslim 520] One Salāh in this Masjid is better than 500 Salāh in any normal Masjid. [Musnad Bazzār 4142]
Nabī Sallāllahu ‘Alayhi Wa Sallam was taken to Al-Masjid Al-Aqsā during the miraculous journey of Mi’rāj, and here he led all the Ambiyā’ ‘Alayhimus Salām in Salāh. This Masjid has also been blessed with the special Du’ā of Sayyidunā Sulaymān ‘Alayhis Salām.
Sayyidunā Abdullāh Ibn Amr radhiyallāhu ‘anhu reports that Nabī Sallāllahu ‘Alayhi Wa Sallam said,“When Sulaymān bin Dāwūd (‘Alayhim as-Salām) completed building (Al-Masjid Al-Aqsā), he asked Allāh Ta’ālā for three things: judgement that was in harmony with the judgement of Allāh Ta’ālā, a kingdom that no one after him would have, and that no one should come to this Masjid (Al-Masjid Al-Aqsā), only intending to perform Salāh there, but he would emerge free from sin as the day his mother gave birth to him.” Nabī Sallāllahu ‘Alayhi Wa Sallam said: “Two prayers were granted, and I hope that the third was also granted.” [Ibn Mājah 1408]
The system of Allāh Ta’ālā regarding Al-Masjid Al-Aqsā
Allāh Ta’ālā has a divine system for Al-Masjid Al-Harām in Makkah Mukarramah and Al-Masjid Al-Aqsā in Palestine. However, the procedure relating to each of them is different. The Haram of Makkah shall be divinely protected, and the disbelievers shall never take it over. The event of the army of the Elephants mentioned in Sūrah al-Fīl (105) of the Noble Qur’ān testifies to this fact. When the Christian king of Yemen (Abrahah) tried to invade the Baytullāh, Allāh Ta’ālā destroyed him, his army, and the contingent of elephants he had brought.
However, this law does not apply in the case of Al-Masjid Al-Aqsā. Instead, as the verses (6,7,8 of Sūah Banī Isrā’īl) tell us, when the believers go astray and start indulging in disobedience and sin, Al-Masjid Al-Aqsā will be snatched away from them and will pass into the control of the disbelievers.
[adapted from Ma’ārif-ul- Qur’ān vol. 5, p. 469]
The phenomena of the Abrahamic Accords
The reality behind the Abrahamic Accords has once again become clear. The wish of the Kuffār was always to neutralise the Muslims, then attack and kill them mercilessly.
By normalising ties with many “Muslim” countries, the illegitimate state of Israel has been spared much condemnation. Interfaith activities like Iftars with religious leaders of different faiths, Masjid open-days, and the like contribute towards this normalisation.
Emulating the ways of the disbelievers, mixing freely with them and having love for them are the root causes of Muslims being oppressed throughout the world.
The reality is as explained in the Qur’ān Karīm: “The Jews and Christians will never be pleased with you until you follow their ways” [Sūrah Al-Baqarah 120]. No accord will ever save Muslims from their oppression.
What should we do?
• Support the people of Palestine in every possible way.
• Make abundant Du’ā that Allāh Ta’ālā removes the difficulty and returns Al-Masjid Al-Aqsa to the full control of the Muslim Ummah.
• Take out some Sadaqah and thereby cool the wrath of Allāh Ta’ālā.
• History shows that whenever the Banū Isrā’īl indulged in sin and attempted to change their Dīn, Allāh Ta’ālā snatched Al-Masjid Al-Aqsā away from them. Those who wish to water down Islam and pander to the desires of the Kuffaar by engaging in interfaith activity, portraying Islam as LGBT-friendly, encouraging feminism etc. must realise that their actions are definitely contributing towards the continued occupation of Al-Masjid Al-Aqsā!
• Make Tawbah and resolve to live a life of obedience to the command of Allāh Ta’ālā.
• Make an effort to visit Al-Masjid Al-Aqsā as often as possible.
• Those fortunate enough to observe I’tikāf in Al-Masjid Al-Aqsā should be wary and show due respect to this Mubārak Masjid and its surrounds. Reports from previous years indicate that many do not uphold the sanctity of this Masjid and even, Allāh forbid, sin while in its precincts. Photography and intermingling with the opposite gender should be avoided at all costs. It should not be that due to our indifference, Allāh Ta’ālā deprives us of enjoying this great bounty!
May Allāh Ta’ālā free Al-Masjid Al-Aqsā from the clutches of the oppressive jews and restore the Ummah of Rasūlullāh Sallāllahu ‘Alayhi Wa Sallam to the honour it enjoyed during the times of Nabi Sallāllahu ‘Alayhi Wa Sallam, the Sahābah and Tābi’īn Radhiyallāhu Anhum. Āmīn
19 Ramadhān 1444 / 11 April 2023 A0036
To download the PDF, click here: